Mount Gilboa Rum
- Gold rum distilled from fermented molasses. Aged in used whisky and bourbon barrels.
- Distillation of Mount Gilboa Rum is a three step process that takes 2-3 days in the 5,000 liter copper stills. First, the 6% abv fermented molasses is distilled to 68% abv. This condensate is diluted with water and redistilled to 80% abv. In the third distillation, condensate from the second distillation is diluted with water then distilled to 80% abv. The fresh rum is diluted to 60% abv then aged in nominal 190 liter, once-used American oak barrels for 2 - 3 years. Experiments are being conducted using used 400 liter brandy barrels.
This medium-bodied gold rum has a slightly spicy entry followed by a rich body full of fruit and nut flavors. Hints of coconut and smoky oak linger in the long finish.
Currently only available in Barbados and the UK, Frank Ward is exploring limited availability in the US market.
- Bottled at 43% alcohol by volume.
- 6 of 1568 Ministry of Rum forum members have selected Mount Gilboa Rum as one of their favorites. More Ministry of Rum member favorites.
- Make your own on the Ministry of Rum.
- Members who chose Mount Gilboa Rum as one of their favorites also chose:
- El Dorado 21 year old
- Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum
- Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
- Mount Gay 1703
- St. Nicholas Abbey Rum
Do you sell Mount Gilboa Rum
Last updated June 23, 2010