- After the Michigan State Laws were relaxed in 2008, New Holland Brewing began distilling and now makes several vodka, rum, gin, whisky and other malted barley distillates. Distribution is primarily in states close to Michigan but look for this to grow as this distillery's products gain visibility in the market.
Starting with a 60 gal custom pot still, a 600 gallon pre-prohibition still is being refurbished to be put into production in the summer of 2010.
All of the fermentation is presently done with brewer's yeast due to the company's brewing background. All of the Freshwater Rums are made from a combination of molasses and cane sugar.
- There are 3 products in our database distilled by New Holland Brewing.
- Freshwater Rum - Huron White
- Freshwater Rum - Michigan Amber
- Freshwater Rum - Superior Single Barrel