- Few pirates were as feared as Blackbeard. After serving on a privateer in the War of Spanish Succession, Englishman Edward Thatch turned his sights to the warm Caribbean trade winds at the end of that conflict in 1713. In the next five years he became legendary as a bloodthirsty, rum-drinking pirate who abused his crew and struck terror in the hearts of all that came in contact with him. Smoking incense in his hat, Teach resembled a giant devil with his braided beard tied back over his ears, two cutlasses and six muskets.
In return for stolen goods the governor of North Carolina gave Blackbeard and his ship Queen Anne’s Revenge necessary supplies and refuge. But, in 1718, Blackbeard met his demise at the hands of Lieutenant Robert Maynard. Legend maintains that even after he had been shot several times, had his head cut off and tied to the bowsprit of Maynard’s sloop, Blackbeard swam twice around the boat.
To commemorate this larger than life figure, Stephen Thompson’s Sint Maarten Guavaberry Co. blends and bottles three Blackbeard Five Star Rums. These White, Dark, and Gold rums are blended a 40% alcohol to capture the taste of the islands. Four more Blackbeard’s Rums, Coconut, Spiced, Peppar, and the most popular, Bois Bande are blended at 35% alcohol.
- There are 7 products in our database bottled by Sint Maarten Guavaberry Co. NV.
- Blackbeard's Bois Bande
- Blackbeard's Five Star Dark Rum
- Blackbeard's Five Star Gold Rum
- Blackbeard's Five Star White Rum
- Blackbeard's Peppar Rum
- Blackbeard's Spiced Rum
- Sint Maarten Guavaberry