MoR Mobile β


New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

132 years ago in 1890, Compañia Licorera de Nicaragua, SA was established in Nicaragua.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Deals and Discounts in your area > New England - that's in the US
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

New England - that's in the US

Where it all began in the colonies, rum is again becoming the spirit of choice. Have you seen anything on the shelves that shouldn't be missed by others.


Reply
 
    Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Coastie Mike
Senior Member
 
Coastie Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100
Default

krusty,

No, I didn't get a price on the St. James...Sorry.

By the way, THANKS for the GREAT info...
Unfortunately, Table and Vine doesn't carry LemonHart anymore...
I went to Sav Mor in Medford, they had one bottle of the 3yr ED, I asked if they had anymore, they said 2 bottles at their Malden store so I swung over there and picked those up as well...I asked the guy to stock more of it and he said he'd see what he could do...
I went to the distributor they use and it seems they don't distribute it anymore
http://www.aiewholesaleusa.com/spagi...tegoria=Guyana

I found all these at the two Sav Mors


and found these at Vernons in Malden...
Coastie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
leisure master
Senior Member
 
leisure master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 293
Default

I'm going to be up in MA in a couple of weeks and will be pissed if I find empty rum shelves at Kappy's......
__________________
Rhum Rhum Room
leisure master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
Coastie Mike
Senior Member
 
Coastie Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100
Default

Lol, well I can't promise anything. My rum funds for this month are tapped...come the 1st of June, though, I'll be back on my buying spree
Coastie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
krustykrab
Senior Member
 
krustykrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts -North Shore
Posts: 213
Talking

Distributer website may be outdated, I think - pic of the 5yo is way old - wonder if what they have listed as 'white' also covers the 3yo...?

I saw that huge bottle of ED white and contemplated it... decided against it as the 3yo was almost same price for equal amt and figured it had to be much better... let me know how that is / compares to the 3yo, though!

Any other good finds around these parts? Your Cruzan reminded me -recently found a stash of the really old Cruzan 1.75's: light 2yo and dark 2yo...bought them all!!

Last edited by krustykrab; 05-04-2011 at 09:27 AM.
krustykrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
Coastie Mike
Senior Member
 
Coastie Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustykrab View Post
Distributer website may be outdated, I think - pic of the 5yo is way old - wonder if what they have listed as 'white' also covers the 3yo...?

I saw that huge bottle of ED white and contemplated it... decided against it as the 3yo was almost same price for equal amt and figured it had to be much better... let me know how that is / compares to the 3yo, though!

Any other good finds around these parts? Your Cruzan reminded me -recently found a stash of the really old Cruzan 1.75's: light 2yo and dark 2yo...bought them all!!
I will definately compare the two and let you know. I'll be heading to Gloucester for the week, next week, so I'll have a look to see whats in the stores there...

Nice find w/ the 2yr old Cruzans

I will definately keep you posted on what I find around here...and if it's REALLY GOOD...I'll send you a PM
Coastie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
krustykrab
Senior Member
 
krustykrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts -North Shore
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Mike View Post
I will definately compare the two and let you know. I'll be heading to Gloucester for the week, next week, so I'll have a look to see whats in the stores there...
Be sure to visit my friends at Ryan and Wood Distillery in Gloucester - they have a great tour and are making Folly Cove Rum as well as a very nice gin and rye! See Bob - he is great - tell him I sent ya!
krustykrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
Coastie Mike
Senior Member
 
Coastie Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100
Default

Well, I was in Gloucester all week and never got off in time to visit. I'll have to plan a road trip back there on a day off.

Took the wifey to Olive Garden in Methuen and stopped by a couple of stores. Was pretty slim pickings...I found a bottle of LH 151 {only one they had in stock}, Flor de Cana 18, and a bottle of Coyopa.

I found the Coyopa at the Somervile Sav Mor...only one they had.
These Sav Mor stores are really weird...they don't keep the rum together. You really have to walk down EVERY isle, look on EVERY shelf and in EVERY corner of the store.
Also noticed that the ED 3yrs is no longer 13.99, but now 17.99
Coastie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #18
krustykrab
Senior Member
 
krustykrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts -North Shore
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Mike View Post
Well, I was in Gloucester all week and never got off in time to visit. I'll have to plan a road trip back there on a day off.

Took the wifey to Olive Garden in Methuen and stopped by a couple of stores. Was pretty slim pickings...I found a bottle of LH 151 {only one they had in stock}, Flor de Cana 18, and a bottle of Coyopa.

I found the Coyopa at the Somervile Sav Mor...only one they had.
These Sav Mor stores are really weird...they don't keep the rum together. You really have to walk down EVERY isle, look on EVERY shelf and in EVERY corner of the store.
Also noticed that the ED 3yrs is no longer 13.99, but now 17.99
Ha,ha... Probably because we bought it all! They figured there was a big market for it! Not at 17.99, though when the 5yo is 18.99... At least they got it back in stock though!
krustykrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
forrest
Senior Member
 
forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Posts: 1,454
Default

You have to watch out for . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustykrab View Post
Ha,ha... Probably because we bought it all! They figured there was a big market for it! Not at 17.99, though when the 5yo is 18.99... At least they got it back in stock though!
The rest of us are trying to make it through the day . . .
__________________
a drink with forrest . . .
forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Coastie Mike
Senior Member
 
Coastie Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustykrab View Post
Ha,ha... Probably because we bought it all! They figured there was a big market for it! Not at 17.99, though when the 5yo is 18.99... At least they got it back in stock though!
Thats what I'm thinking...but they were also kind enough to raise the price of the ED 5 to 19.99
Coastie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Deals and Discounts in your area > New England - that's in the US

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Rum Chat
Recent Posts
Hello from Wilmington NC
posted by Berbician
Hi everyone!
posted by Berbician
Where’s Ed ?
posted by bunnyhugs
Cigars like the LFD Football Edition 2022?
posted by patrickparker
Easter Special Offers at Waitrose
posted by Berbician
Info on a particular Dominican Republic rum
posted by pichousanelli
Hello from the East Coast
posted by topherdharma
Last month this site was viewed more than 750,000 times by the best people in the world - those who appreciate rum.
Ministry of Rum on
facebook link
Follow @Ed_Hamilton on

vB ver 3.8.6 Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content on this forum copyright 1995 - 2014 Ministry of Rum.