MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

87 years ago in 1930, the Barceló rum company was established in the Dominican Republic.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Caribbean Related Discussion
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Caribbean Related Discussion

Getting around the islands can be half the adventure of discovering new rum.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default The Story behind the Ministry of Rum

Cruzan is the reason I'm doing this today. When I get the story written, and the statute of limitations is complete, I'll post it.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
RobertBurr

Send a message via Skype™ to RobertBurr
Default Cruzan and the Statute

My appetite now whet with anticipation, I cannot wait to her the story of how Ed begins his career as a rum runner... excuse me I mean rum drinker... pardon me I mean rum expert based on a twist of fate, a broken compass, a mysterious woman, an over-eager IRS agent and three cases of Cruzan rum.

Am I close?
RobertBurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
angelsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
Cruzan is the reason I'm doing this today. When I get the story written, and the statute of limitations is complete, I'll post it.
I'll bet that the truth is more intersting than any story we could concoct.
angelsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
Dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBurr View Post
My appetite now whet with anticipation, I cannot wait to her the story of how Ed begins his career as a rum runner... excuse me I mean rum drinker... pardon me I mean rum expert based on a twist of fate, a broken compass, a mysterious woman, an over-eager IRS agent and three cases of Cruzan rum.

Am I close?
I think you're forgetting the water buffalo, the German U-Boat wreck, and the Kentucky Fried Parrot...
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
angelsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsword View Post
I'll bet that the truth is more interesting than any story we could concoct.
Okay maybe not. The girl was the half Indian illegitimate daughter of the exiled president of Guatemala. She was suffering from terminal cancer and staying on your boat while recuperating from an abusive relationship with a duplicitous Italian diplomat. The U-boat that you were attempting to salvage carried $10 billion in uncut diamonds salvaged illegally from a 18th century East India merchantman that went down in storm with all hands off the coast of Madagascar. You found the U-boat in the Caribbean (where the Nazis were trying to sell the diamonds in Panama) when you fell off the yacht while dizzy from excessive rum that had been forced upon you by...
angelsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
Tiare

..by the obeah witchdoctor from the hidden grotto in the misty mountains of Maroonland in Xaymaca, who knew how to mix potions..
And then Ed escaped by the help of a rum barrel and a pelican and managed to swim to...

A Mountain of Crushed Ice
Tiare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
Hank Koestner

St. Thomas, as Ed opened his eyes after being washed up on the beach with the help of a mermaid, three beautiful island girls were standing above him with a bottle of Cruzan...........
Old 01-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Edward Hamilton
Founder

The story is tame compared to the speculation but it does involve some basic economic theorems. But that's another story.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
Rum Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
The story is tame compared to the speculation but it does involve some basic economic theorems. But that's another story.
Your response is drier than a Murray McDavid Rum..Perfect!

Last edited by Rum Runner; 01-10-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
RobertBurr

Send a message via Skype™ to RobertBurr
Default Haldane's Basic Economic Theorum Of Caribbean Rum

Wheras Rum X is worth $Z on Island Q during the waxing gibbous phase of the full moon, and the prevailing winds in the month of J oppose tidal movements G at the point of K straights, directing a sailboat of length XM to travel in the direction of PR for a fortnight, where small arms and ammunition are banned by the local BR raising their perceived value to $M just as the RR is crossing the arch of FM providing an apparent random juxtaposition of interaction with EH well laden with HPR from STV with minimal need for CHC, taking into account the repellant factors of CS; ergo "a deal that could not be refused" is considered the best possible outcome of potential adverse options otherwise available, with a side order of highly compressed green leafy organic vegative compound containing OTC THC with a DBA and LTD of PCM 16 bit ASA 100 model XJ12 by the DEA in conjunction with the IRS, CIA and NSA in the outer orbit of hydro-oxy isotope attracted to an organic compound whose molecule contains one or more hydroxyl groups attached to a carbon atom (C2H5OH), sometimes referred to as "grog."

That should get the reaction started, but I have not figured out how to keep it going in perpetuity. It may involve writing books and talking a blue streak while metabolising saccharomytic compounds from a small beaker diluted by citric acid and ethanol.

Oh my goodness Vern, after 50 posts on this forum I've become a "senior member" and am now hoping for a discount at IHOP.

Last edited by RobertBurr; 01-10-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
RobertBurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Caribbean Related Discussion