That's a good start Jacko. Generally, the sweet rums which usually have added sugars are preferred by entry level Rummies. Similar to wine drinkers who usually start out with sweeter wines and gradually transition to the drier varietals. And that's OK. Most of us started out the same way. But as your palate becomes more sophisticated with experience, your preferences will likely change to more complex and less sweet Rums. But here's a list of some of the more popular sweet Rums,...
if you can find them:
- Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
- Plantation 20th Anniversary XO
- Plantation Grand Reserve 5 yr.
- Dictador 12 yr. & 20 yr.
- Ron Millonario 15 yr.
- Vizcaya Cask 21
- El Dorado 12 yr.
- Zacapa 23
- Zacapa XO
- Ron Centenario Fundacion XX yr.
- Santa Teresa 1796
- Pampero Anniversario Reserva Exclusiva
- Flor de Cana Centenario 12 yr.
- Appleton 12 yr.
- Zaya Gran Reserva
- Pyrat XO