MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

23 years ago in 1997, Essential Spirits Alambic Distillery was established in Mountain View, California.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
bkaplan

Default Greetings from Dominica

My family spends some time each year in Dominica, in the village of Calibishie. I enjoy Macoucherie rum, distilled on the island, but my greatest pleasure has been to get Bologne or Damoiseau rhum blanc from Guadeloupe--whichever is in stock at our little village grocery--and concoct punches with the fresh juices that happen to be in season. I used the Complete Guide to Rum to put together an absolutely wonderful 3-day trip to Guadeloupe and Marie Galante a couple of years ago. The highlight was my visit to Domaine Severin, the sights, smells and sounds of the distillery etched in my mind indelibly; a consummate agricole experience. I hope to visit Martinique next time. Any suggestions for the best distilleries to visit in January?
bkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Berbician

Welcome to the forums. I'm hoping to visit Dominica myself soon. I'd love to go to Martinique and Guadeloupe as well, but my French is hopeless.
Berbician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
bkaplan

My French is just above helpless. The trip is well worth making to the French islands. I love Dominica, but it doesn't have the rhum culture of Guadeloupe or Martinique.
bkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
anax44

I love Dominica! I was there last year but didn't see much of the Northern part of the island other than the trip to and from the airport.

Sometime soon (this year or early next) I want to start in St Lucia and make my way up to Guadeloupe via the ferry visiting all the island in between.

I took a lot of pictures while I was in Dominica and many of them are on my travel blog
anax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #5
Patrick

I visited Dominica twice and I loved it snorkeling at Souvriere.
There has black stones, which are almost as big as a football and this generate a sound in the surf, which I could listen for hours. The Music of the sea.
Fort Shirley is verry nice and it is beautifully restored by the European Union.

at Martinique the visit of Saint James Distillery was very impressive. they have a beautiful museum and for my taste one of the best rum. The Quintessence. it is a Rum Vieux Agricole XO and it won a Medaille d'Or in Paris at 2012.

The Cuvee Speciale - Fleur de Canne is not as fine as the Quintessence, but it has a verry long and intence taste of the Fleur. also the emty glass smells after one hour still intence from the Fleur de Canne.

if you plan to visit Saint James (in Saint Marie) take the time to stay for lunch as well. they have a great Restaurant too

I wish you a great time!
ahh, and you can taste every rum they have
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions

Tags
agricole , dominica , guadeloupe , martinique