MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

11 years ago in 2008, Montanya Distillers was established in Silverton, Colorado.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum Events
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rum Events

Sugar Cane Spirit Events around the world

Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
jjwest

Default Exotic/Rum Cocktail Weekend in Atlanta, Feb 18-20

This started with an email to some tikiphiles and exotic (rum) cocktail lovers I know and have met from events from all over and quickly picked up more than a dozen who will join us in Atlanta for the weekend.

The more the merrier, so this invitation is open to "those merry souls who make drinking a pleasure; who achieve contentedness long before capacity; and who, whenever they drink, prove able to carry it, enjoy it and remain ladies and gentlemen." (Trader Vic)

A Exotic Cocktail Weekender at the Atlanta Trader Vic's is underway for February 18-20.

The Atlanta Trader Vic's has the distinction of being the last of the Trader Vic's located in a Hilton, and the last remaining full line Trader Vic's on the east coast. First opened in 1976, it is also considered by some to be one of the last classic Trader Vic's remaining in the chain.

For the rum lover, and especially anyone who has not been to a Trader Vic's before, this will be a weekend to enjoy fine rum cocktails from one of the birthplaces and near museums of of exotic cocktails - Trader Vic's. Mai Tai, Zombie, Navy Grog, Scorpion, Fog Cutter and Suffering Bastard are just a few of the many classic exotics still mixed here.

No schedule to keep. Just grab your best Hawaiian shirt and meet us there.
Enjoy Atlanta during the day and we'll gather at Vic's on Friday and Saturday after 5.
We've arranged for a Group Rate of only $129 per night at the Atlanta Hilton.
(When the final numbers are in, we'll look into possibly having an group dinner on Saturday)

To book a room at the Atlanta Hilton where the Trader Vic's is located:
http://bit.ly/TVtrip or
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...l?WT.mc_id=POG
Click on Book A Room
Scroll down to Special Accounts and enter FOM
Click on Continue and complete your reservation details

Come join us for the fun of a tiki weekend where nobody needs a designated driver
and you'll only be an elevator button from a cold Mai Tai all weekend long.

If you have any trouble with booking or questions about the trip,
PM me here or email me at tikievent@gmail.com

Cheers!
jjwest
Washington, DC
jjwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
chmar

Default Thank you for organizing the Atlanta event

Thank you for organizing this event. I am interested in attending. If you organize a group dinner please let me know the details. My e-mail address is chmar@bellsouth.net
See you at Trader Vic's.
chmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
jjwest

Delighted to hear from a MoR member who is local to Atlanta and I will email you any updates to our weekend and plans along with my cell. Delighted to have you join us!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Thank you for posting this. I've moved this thread to a more visible location on the forums. I'm still trying to sort out my schedule, waiting on commitments from distributors and the usual stuff we have to do to pay the bills.

I was hoping to be able to bring some Lemon Hart to this weekend gathering but the deadlines are slipping away faster than dreams of a short warm winter in Atlanta.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
jjwest

Thanks for moving the thread to the most appropriate spot.

It is more than a month out, and we're now up to about 20-ish adventurous souls - about 15 from all over (Texas, Wisconsin, New England and Florida) plus about another half dozen who are local or near the Atlanta area.

Ed, I hope your schedule ends up giving you a chance to join us. It is an eclectic bunch to say the least. I only know about half, but that's what is great about the people who show up for this sort of gathering. They hang loose, go with the flow and are the very embodiment of the adage: "There are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet."

So until we reach the limit of the bar's occupancy permit, there's plenty of room for more - or in this case, room for MoR!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
Edward Hamilton
Founder

It looks like I'm going to be able to make it to Atlanta on the 19th. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #7
jjwest

Great to have you on board Ed. With you coming in on Saturday, and especially if we have a few more MoR members, we will have to see what we can do to up the Rum ante for the weekend.

Update: We are up to about 20 out of towners, with another 10+ who are local to the Greater Atlanta area.

For those who may need a room at the Hilton, they are looking to close out our group booking room overage soon. (Jan 28) Please make you reservations soon.

If anyone needs more info, or help, please PM me here or email me at tikievent@gmail.com
Old 01-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
jjwest

Important Update:
We have reached our room quota at the Hilton, which means there are no longer rooms available at the group rate of $129. The next best price that can be gotten for the Atlanta Hilton is $175 via Priceline - don't bother calling the Hilton, they are trying to get $219 for the remaining rooms.

Options for those who are still considering coming, there is a Motel 6 (a former Ramada) right next door to the Hilton for $119 (via Priceline). Door to door it is just one city block away.

Also, the Melia Atlanta hotel ($99 via Priceline) which is just a very short cab ride from the Hilton/Trader Vic's (less than 3/4 of a mile).

Though it is ideal to stay at the Hilton to enjoy this Trader Vic's weekend, you are welcome to join in wherever you might choose to stay. We'll be starting each evening at 5 pm at Trader Vic's. For those who might be considering staying nearby, the Hilton/Trader Vic's address is: 255 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303. Priceline has a great feature to give you the closest hotels to any given address.

Last edited by jjwest; 01-27-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Looks like I blew it for the Hilton. I'll have to do some online searching which seems to be a big part of my life these days.
Ministry of Rum

Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
jjwest

I may be able to help you with this... PM sent.

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum Events