MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

15 years ago in 2004, Tuthilltown Distillers was established in Gardiner, New York.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Gifts for the Rum Lover in Your Life
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Gifts for the Rum Lover in Your Life

What would you give a rum enthusiast, or what would you like to receive as a gift?

Old 12-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default Are you really special?

Right after I started this thread, I just got this in my email.

Just in time for holiday season, Vail Resorts’ preeminent Vail and Beaver Creek properties and Zacapa Rum, the ultra-premium rum aged above the clouds, have partnered to create an extraordinary all-inclusive vacation package that will take visitors on an unforgettable journey. Zacapa, which is produced in Guatemala and aged at 8,000 feet above sea level perfectly pairs with Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado’s majestic mountains and landscape located at an 8,000-foot-plus altitude.

No detail on this trip will be overlooked – from the transportation of your ski equipment in advance of your departure, to the personal concierge available at any time throughout the stay – the travel package is truly a cut above the rest.

Day One: Guests arrive in Vail and are transported via private chauffer to the Game Creek Chalet high above Vail Village. After settling in, guests will partake in a multicourse dinner prepared by their private chef. With breathtaking views and gourmet dishes paired with Zacapa cocktails, the first night spent above the clouds will undoubtedly be one to remember.

Day Two: Attendees awake to experience the First Tracks tour of the mountain led by pro skier Chad Fleischer. After carving through the powdery trails, travelers return to a fireside aprиs-ski within the comforts of their private chalet to enjoy Zacapa served neat, and consumed responsibly. After warming up, guests will venture down to Vail Village to indulge in a delicious meal.

Day Three: Guests begin their morning by being transported to the exquisite Penthouse at the boutique hotel, The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort property that’s just steps away from the chairlift. Guests will have the chance to tackle the resort’s toughest trails and bump runs, skiing more than 23,000 vertical feet in one day. After returning from a long day of adventure the day will be completed as a Sno-Cat-pulled sleigh takes everyone to enjoy a lavish dinner.

Day Four: After a bluebird day on the slopes, return to a relaxing in-room straight razor shave while sipping Zacapa. Following the treatment guests spend the evening learning the craft of the cocktail from a professional mixologist in the comfort of their hotel room.

The journey Above the Clouds with Vail Resorts and Zacapa Rum is a winter escape that will be truly remarkable. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is available from December 1, 2009 and you must book by April 5, 2010 to enjoy this ski season. This five-day trip includes an Epic Pass valid for unlimited skiing all season long at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Arapahoe Basin and costs approximately $40,000.00 USD for five adults (age 21 and over).
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
RonJames

From a ski bum family (who has mooched of off family in the town between vail and beaver creek) I would tell you that I would not attend. If anybody wants to pay me whatever this trip costs I will take them up to VT. where we will wake up to pancacks with maple syrup and heart attack bacon. Then boot pack off the resort and ski powder while trying to avoid hitting the trees. After which we will drink more than enough rum to leave OUR head in the clouds, from which we will end up ordering a pizza that we will devour and go to bed. As for the next day...well just repeat until you finally have to go home.
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
leisure master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
After carving through the powdery trails, travelers return to a fireside après-ski within the comforts of their private chalet to enjoy Zacapa served neat, and consumed responsibly.
whoops, you lost me at the end there.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Berbician

I've never seen the point of skiing. Winters in London are cold enough for me .
Berbician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
RonJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbician View Post
I've never seen the point of skiing. Winters in London are cold enough for me .
The lack of hills puts a damper on things as well. But you have the spirit Berbican, its cold so drink rum!
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Gifts for the Rum Lover in Your Life