MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

129 years ago in 1890, Compañia Licorera de Nicaragua, SA was established in Nicaragua.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #61
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking a minute to introduce yourself. I hope you'll find a lot of good information that you can use on these pages.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #62
Tim F

Hi all,

Been an occasional lurker here for a while, thought it best to sign up. Many thanks, Ed, for a great site - my go-to source for quick rum info.

Cheers all,

Tim
Tim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #63
Quicksilver

Default Glad to be on board!

Thank ye fer the welcome, mates!
I be a ceramic artist living in the Pacific NW. I makes a line of piratical pottery - Quicksilver's Pirate Pots. I craft tankards, jugs, onion bottles, warning shots, tumblers - all sportin' the jolly bones. I do custom work, too, so if ye needs yer name or somethin' special on yer vessel we can parlay.
Set yer course fer quality: www.PiratePots.com
Me current favorite rum be 10 Cane. I looks for'ard to hearin' many yarns on this here forum tellin' tales about rum and its rumifications....
Splice the mainbrace!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #64
tifflucia

It's nice to see that people all over the world enjoy Rum ......
tifflucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #65
mike c

Thumbs up

Good day, my name is Mike and I have enjoyed rums off and on for the last 50+ years. I didn't realize the variety or depth of rums around the world until the last 8 years when I had the opportunity to go to the Caribbean and my son asked me to pick up some for him. He has enjoyed rum a great deal from his college years where he studied hospitality management and was exposed to a broad variety. During this trip I was pleasantly surprised to see and taste a number of new rums that peaked my interest. I brought back a wide variety for my son and then he ended not sharing with Dad. I will probably forgive him someday. Actually he kept me from this as a matter of my health. I am a diabetic and I am having a bit of a problem controlling my blood sugars so I drink very little on few occasions. I found this web site while researching a trip I will be taking to St. Martin and St. Lucia in a few months and I am looking to find new rums to share with my son. Any advice that any of the members could offer would be appreciated. I look forward to visiting this forum often and sharing this site with my son also. Thank you. Mike C.
mike c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #66
Papa Smurf

Thumbs up thanks!

thanks to Edward for turning me on to Zaya Rum; it really rocks!
Kudos to Ron Zacapa also; it is awesome.
I am new to the forum and look forward to talking with everyone @ The Ministry of Rum.
Papa Smurf
Colonel's Island, Georgia
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #67
Mdade777

By way of introduction, I should state that, while I have my own interest in good rum, I'm more or less representing a very small enterprise (two of us), possibly in the making.

In searching for information about rum and rum making, we serendipitously found this site which seems a wealth of information. Not sure if we'll get fully into rum making yet, but even on a personal level, this could be a great site. More importantly, this forum might us to get some valid answers and discussion on real issues of rum making. That's our hope anyway.

About the two of us, we are long-time (way, way too long) friends from high school days in the Pacific NW looking for another entrepreneurial challenge. We are very interested in flavored rums and how they're made.

Anyway, we look forward to learning a lot and meeting some good people. Thanks.
Mdade777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #68
Liam Costello

Bula from Fiji, I have been involved in the liquor Industry all my life and have found Rum once again and look forward to refreshing and re educating myself with the assistance of this forum and web-site. I have been a Rum Distiller/Blender and a self confessed Wine Wanker for 20 odd years and now a Beer man but back to the roots of Rum.
Liam Costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #69
Masher Mac

Default Glad to be aboard

Hey all -- Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to participating in the community. Although I've been a rum fancier for over twenty years, that doesn't mean I know anything, so I'm afraid I'll be more of a "user" than a contributor. Used to live on the Maine Coast where I could at least *pretend* I was getting ready to chart a course for Carlisle Bay -- but now it's Minneapolis, so that's kind of a stretch. Although the river probably wont freeze for a few more weeks so if I buy a boat today I can be in New Orleans by mid-December. Could I still make Barbados for Christmas? Or would I have to settle for the Exumas? I hear the Staniel Cay Yacht Club has a *very* worthwhile New Years Party.
Cheers to all
Masher Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #70
Gaikotsu

Default I have arrived...

Hi Everyone,

During my search for quality Rums and their respective reviews, I learned more from this forum than other web site review. Therefore, I decided to join it's ranks and share anything Rum related that I have to offer.

At present, here is my small but yummy, rummy, collection:

Ron Zacapa 23 year
Mocambo 20 Year Single Barrel
Ron Matusalem 18 year
Pyrat XO reserve
Appleton Estate Extra 12 year
Flor De Cana 12 year
Old Monk XXX 7year
Mount Gay XO
Ron Matusalem Platino
Bacardi 151 (for munition and home defense )

If there is anyone who knows of a location in Dallas, TX where one can buy super premium Rum, please let me know .

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers,
Brandon McKinney
Gaikotsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions