MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

15 years ago in 2004, Sagatiba Brasil SA was established in Brazil.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Cocktails and Food > Bars that appreciate RUM
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Bars that appreciate RUM

A growing number of bars appreciate rum, and and we appreciate them.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #41
STX

I was fortunate enough to spend about 2 hours talking rum with a couple bar tenders at Rum Jungle and they brought down every bottle I asked about. Must have tried a dozen different rums. As we were discussing various aspects of rum and its complex flavors, they never held back any samples. Best part of it all, besides getting to try a lot of rums I had never had, was they only charged me about $20 bucks for all of the "samples" and actual drinks I ordered.

Its a tourist spot but anyplace with that much rum is definitely worth a look.
STX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #42
TheRumelier

I had the Asst.GM send me a photo of one section of the rum shelves in Rum Jungle. It looks pretty impressive to me (from someone who has not been there yet).
Las vegas is not really my thing, I'm more of an island boy at heart!! Follow the link below and scroll down a little to see the photo.
http://www.therumelier.com/id62.html
http://www.therumelier.com
TheRumelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #43
thrall

lol...wow...you boys are a tough bunch to please! lol.....

OK...ill admit it...the Rum Jungle in the Mandlay Bay resort was my first foray into rum...And i loved it....so it can and does serve a purpose for the un-initiated...its a gateway. There was quite the "wow" factor seeing the wall of different rums...who knew...i sure didn't at that point...lol. I think the rum jungle is a great place to start people off....lets face it...not many places in this country, large or small, have a great huge selection of rum...The rum jungle is a massive place with a huge selection of rums. Considering the amount of people who go to vagas... it has a huge world wide potential audience for new rum lovers. So for that alone the rum jungle serves a great PR purpose for the fine liquid known as .....rum.

I am in Vegas quite a bit and make it a point to visit the Rum Jungle every time i am there....but i always go at 5pm....so ive never had to deal with the "bar crowd" or night club part of the Rum Jungle.....its not my thing. I never sit at the bar so i cant tell you if the bartenders are rum aficionados or not....(hoping at least one of them is...lol)

I like the fact that you can order something you have never had before and lol...they have lots to try. The rum jungle was where i first heard of and tasted....zaya. I love having the pyrate and mount gay flights.... One of the things i like to do is ask to see the bottle of what ever it is im trying...and they are always happy to bring it to the table....

I have never had a bad experience at the rum jungle.....(well...the couple who had kids...ggggrrrrr...but that wasnt rum jungles fault..lol) I enjoy the "Brazilian fire pit" for dinner..along with lots and lots of rum....lol.

Ill be back to the rum jungle in March....want me to take pics and snatch a rum menu?

The Rum Jungle is very Vegas...its loud and big and expensive...its one big piece of eye candy....It is certainly not an intimate smugglers cove that is dedicated to just one thing....rum. The Rum Jungle is a restaurant/bar/nightclub....and they play it that way.

You have to take the rum jungle with a grain of vagas salt and enjoy it for what it is.....part of the theater known as ...Vegas.

*hhhmm...thinking about trying that peanut thing you all have been talking about*

Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #44
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I'm glad to hear they are getting better. I know one of the owners and have voiced my complaints to him in the past. Hopefully they will continue to improve their selection and education.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:38 AM   #45
Idearat

I always visit Rumjungle when I'm in Las Vegas. It can be a little hit or miss when it comes to getting the right bartender, but with 4 bars you can move to the next one. I have paid for my first drink and moved to another bar if I found a better bartender there.
Best to go earlier, before the show and the the place is crowded. My normal routine is to sit at the bar and have a couple appetizers and a dessert along with my rum tasting. I bring my own tiny super-power LED flashlight to help guide them to bottles higher up that I'd like to sample or at least look at.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #46
Edward Hamilton
Founder

After protracted disputes with Mandalay Bay, Rum Jungle closed earlier this month. It's sad to see a place built on rum close, but I'm confident that there will be other places. Timing is everything.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
Calgaryx

That's disappointing news. I am going to Vegas next week and was looking forward to checking it out. It certainly explains why I could not find out any info from the hotels web site.
Calgaryx is online now   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Cocktails and Food > Bars that appreciate RUM