MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

12 years ago in 2008, Drum Circle Distilling Co. was established in Sarasota, Florida.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Ministry of Rum Connoisseur's Cabinet > Arctic Wolf
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #121
Arctic Wolf
Connoisseur's Cabinet Member

To be honest I am far more excited by the Hacienda Saruro, than the the Nicholas Abbey. I remember at the tasting I was invited to last winter by Diplomatico and Appleton. The Hacienda was the smash hit of the evening, being more popular than both Appleton 21 and Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #122
Patapouf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Well I'll likely buy a bottle, as I'm sure Arctic and CalgaryX will. But the question well be if we buy a second bottle...
It's a fantastic rum, but I can think a few others I would pick in that price range. I have a bottle waiting for a special occasion, but I got it much cheaper... at the source of course!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. And yes, to some the bottle could be worth 80$. I believe it's my favorite in my collection.
Patapouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #123
Arctic Wolf

Default Appleton 30 Review Underway!

I have been imbibing in some of my private stocks of 28 Year Old Mosstowie and 29 year old Bunnahabhain Scotch Whisky this month. It just seemed fitting to get a better handle on what a variety well aged spirits from around the world tasted like side by side with the Appleton 30, as I finally am getting around to tasting the Appleton 30 for myself instead of just reading about it.

The review should be ready in about a week. Maybe a little sooner. Its actually been a good month for premium spirits. My Canadian Club 30 Year Old Whisky review is almost done as well as this spirit was also tasted side by side with the Appleton 30, as was the new Opthimus from Oliver and Oliver. (Unfortunately I did not taste enough of the Opthimus for a review but I will say this rum has rocketed up my charts to my must find a whole bottle for my collection list.)
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #124
Ruminsky Van Drunkenberg

Without spoiling your review or any notes you have, what was your take on the Appleton 30...worth the price, brilliant, not bad, failed somehow...?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #125
Arctic Wolf

I was on a bit of a writing spree last night and finished the Appleton 30 review early. Since I am going to be really busy with my store for the next two weeks, I thought the best way to answer your questions Ruminsky would be to just publish the review. I'll get the links set up in the CC shortly but here it is:

The Emperor Rum: Appleton 30
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #126
Arctic Wolf

I do not normally talk about whisky here but today I reviewed a truly iconic Canadian Whisky. I also included a few notes as to how this whisky compares to Appleton 30 Year old Rum with respect to the oak profile.

Review: Canadian Club 30 Year Old Whisky
Old 06-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #127
Arctic Wolf

Default Alberta Premium 30 Year Old Whisky.

Although this is meant to be all about rum I do occasionally mention some exceptional whiskies especially as a few persons here have asked me for some Tasting Notes on the new Alberta Premium 30 Year Old Whisky.

Review: Alberta Premium 30 Year Old Limited Edition Rye Whisky

As I said, Exceptional!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #128
Arctic Wolf

Default Top Ten Rums (you should avoid)!

I had some some fun today:

Top Ten Rums (you should avoid)!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #129
Jamie76

I'm assuming you meant "ten rums to avoid" and not top ten, as most of those wouldn't be considered "top ten" to most people. Interesting that you picked Rhum Clement XO and Appleton Estate 30 Year. I love both of these rums and are generally considered in high regard. Barcardi Razz and Arctic Grape? I wouldn't consider those. Captain Morgan Private Stock is fair. Again, I wouldn't call it a "top ten" but as an introduction to drinking rum neat or on the rocks, this isn't a bad introductory rum.
Jamie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #130
Arctic Wolf

I never considered that play on words the way you did Jamie. The posting is basically meant to be the ten rums I would suggest a person avoid purchasing. Some are not terrible rums, they are just (IMO) vastly overpriced such as Appleton 30 and Rhum Clement XO. Others are just (IMO) concoctions which never should have been conceived, (Arctic Grape and SX Samba).

Like all of these sorts of lists this one is meant to be fun, and I hope it stirs up debate (which it already has) on my website.

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Ministry of Rum Connoisseur's Cabinet > Arctic Wolf