MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

71 years ago in 1948, the Weber Haus Cachaçaria was established in Brazil.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #81
ranchogil

Default new member

found this site looking for rum cocktail recipes! looks like a fun site
ranchogil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #82
Chef Lisa

Hello fellow rum lovers

My name is Lisa. I'm a chef/pastry chef from Houston, TX. I've always liked rum, but recently came to appreciate and respect it. About 3 yrs ago I made my first trip out of the US to San Juan, PR where I tasted some of the best rums in the Caribbean! It was there that I fell in love with the island way of life. I've been back once but my dream is to sail around the Caribbean visiting all of the islands and taste more of the rums it has to offer.
I'm honored to be a member of this site and look forward to learning more about the "Noble Spirit"

Chef Lisa
Chef Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #83
jrl915

Welcome! You've come to the right place to learn about rum. Don't forget to use the search function to research any rum of interest.
jrl915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #84
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry we didn't meet while I was in Houston for a trade tasting a couple of weeks ago. There are a growing number of rum bars in Houston and the selection is growing.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #85
mars1853

Default Pleased to find Ministry of Rum

New to this site, but not to good rums. Last winter I had the pleasure to visit the Varelas Hermanos distillery in Panama and spent the next two weeks in the arms of Abuelo. They do have a 30 year old blend that is out of this world, both in taste and price, but the 12 year old is delightful. My personal choice, though, is Pompero Aniversario from Venezuela. Although I need to drive hours to New Hamphire to buy this, several times a year. Goslings Black Seal is the diet staple.

MARS
mars1853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #86
Vigo the Destroyer

Default sweet sweet rum

After years of playing bars and events stocked with liquors as a musician, I slowly started to develop a taste for finer rums (also love bourbon). I now use the liquor store as this great childish adventure of discovering something new I might possibly love. So far, I've gained a particular affinity for the Venezuelan rums - Diplomatico (Reserva), Pampero, and Santa Teresa (1796). Also have enjoyed Ron Centenario Conmemorativo, among others. Looking to get into the island rums more and otherwise continue to expand my palate. Love the site!

Anybody in the SE Florida area know of any great rum bars, let me know!

TC
Vigo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #87
shortimer707

Default ships in the dark(rum)

hello I am michael whitcroft or to the ministry shortimer707.I was born in london canada but have lived in the states and in new york most of my time I enjoy my rum and was in a hard search for my favorite when I found you. before captain morgan spiced rum I used to go to canada to buy captain morgan amber rum and was pretty sure it was bottled in canada.the best I come across now is appleton 12 yr old. though it is no slouch I personally feel the original captain morgan was a superiour sipping rum. I guess that is about it for me. though I do enjoy the woody taste of cuban style rums.they are hard to come by in the states marti makes an great cuban style rum when you can find it.any one have a location for original captain morgan that isnt going to cost me 40 dollars shipping ,Im all ears
shortimer707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #88
dannep

Default Time to say Hello

Hello everyone.
I am a 31-year old and Swedish. Devoted collector/drinker of spirits in general and rum in particular.
To this date i have 100 bottles of rum in my collection. Plantation Rum is the single "brand" i have most bottles of (19)

Feel free to ask me anything.
dannep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #89
anthonyparry

Default anthonyparry. New member.

I am from London, UK originally but currently live in Switzerland. A beautiful country but not known for its love of rum. I have spent some time working in N.America recently and was introduced to the dark n' stormy, sublime. Rum is my spirit of choice in all its wonderful varities. Out of interest has anyone tasted Hicks 125 old navy rum (74%abv).
I look forward to learning more about rum.
Anthonyparry
anthonyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #90
Tabuzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Martini View Post
Aloha everyone. My name is Mark, a long time lurker/reader of the board. I am a member of the Ohana that is the greater Tiki community and have a passion for continually sharpening my skills as a mixologist. I enjoy entering my own crafted concoctions into various cocktail competitions, but I also enjoy learning how to perfect the classics. I am joining the staff of a local liquor store as a spirits/cocktail consultant and will certainly keep this website handy as a quick reference as I help patrons further their love and appreciation of good liquors and well crafted cocktails. I am happy to now be a part of the community and will try to contribute when I feel the inspiration.

Mahalo, y'all!
Great to see you here, Mark!

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions