MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

104 years ago in 1915, Carta Viejo was established in Panama.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rum questions/discussions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rum questions/discussions

General questions or discussions about particular brands should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Hank Koestner

Question Links for rum shopping

HELP!! Does anyone know of any online stores with a good rum selection?
I have been using internet wine and spirits, but thier available section is not that good anymore, they dont restock well. The stores in Cal. do not ship to Florida, and it seems that I have most of the rums on the other sites I have found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hank Koestner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
rumdog007

Post Heer's a few internet stores

Hi, I've had good luck with 2 internet stores when I am shipping to friends and family back east.

missionliquors.com and beveragewarehouse.com

Between the two, I can find about 70% of my favorites. I live 2 blocks awy from High Times in Costa Mesa, CA. So, I get pretty spoiled by their huge selection.
rumdog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I was in Hi Times last Thursday and am always amazed by the knowledge of the staff, not much gets past Trayce. Beverage Warehouse is also good but I've get to go to Mission Liquors. The research continues. . .
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Hank Koestner

Unhappy California Disappointment

It seems that Hi Times will not ship spirits outside of Cal. Is it the same for bev. warehouse? The best selections are in Cal.!! ( although, Binny,s is great, too, but Cal. has an even better selection.) This of course, makes me sad. If it were not just 9AM, I would pour a large glass of Rum , light a cigar and pout. But, I must be off to work to support my indulgences!
Hank Koestner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
DemeraraDrinker

I got bit when Hi-Time stopped shipping out of California. That sucked.

But my brother was moving from L.A. to the Cayman Islands, and he was taking a car trip across the country. So I had him make one last delivery from Hi-Time (Lemon Hart and other stuff).

Anyway, over in a Tiki forum, there has been a lot of griping about this. Someone said that this store will still ship and has good prices:

http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/

Their website is pretty awful. The guy on the other forum said figure out what you want and call the phone number to order it.
DemeraraDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
bluewave6

I have really good success with Pop's Wine and Spirits.......their shipping is probably the most reasonable on the web...I paid $8 for 6 bottles of rum...their prices are pretty decent as well...they have Angostura 8yr for less than $20.00....I know Hi Time sells it for closer to $40.00
bluewave6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
Rumrunner

Here's a real shot in the dark. I have yet to find a decent supplier of Rums in Canada. I travel south maybe once or twice a year so I can't come back with mitt fulls of rum (I'd stuff it down my pants if customs weren't so efficient now ). Anyways, if anyone knows of an online Canadian source - or has rum recommendations of current Canadian rum selections - or knows of a province that has selection and ships to other provinces that would be great! Thx
Rumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
teach92651

Default Some good online stores

Greetings from Maine! For most states in the U. S., the links to the stores below are worth a look. I have also bought from Pop's Wines and Liquors and have been pleased with their service. Sadly, the price of the 21 year old Appleton went up almost 40 dollars a bottle in less than 6 months, but I did notice that they are carrying Appleton Reserve at a reasonable cost, which I am anxious to try.

I recommend Witty's highly. I have had good luck with their customer service support people. I just discovered the Wine Chateau. I was quite impressed with their extensive selection and reasonable prices; there seems to be an significant sale in progress at present. I have placed an order, but it has not yet been confirmed, but when I receive my order, I will post again. These sites use the same ordering search engine, so they look quite similar. You can do a simple search 'rum' and you will be pleasantly surprised. I have found a number of other online stores but have not done business with them. I will post if anyone is interested. Enjoy!

http://www.winechateau.com/

http://www.wittyswine.com/index.asp
teach92651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #9
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I just added a link to the online stores that are in my database. Of course this list is not complete as I have not been able to completely migrate all of my database from my old filemaker database to the new improved mysql database.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
teach92651

Default Wine Chateau

This is a follow up to my previous post. My order from Wine Chateau arrived with no problem. I ordered Mount Gay Extra Old, Pyrat XO Reserve, and English Harbour, all of which were on sale on April 30. I also got some wine, so I had a total of 10 bottles, and the shipping was $21.00 for the entire order with FedEx home delivery. They back ordered my Appleton 21, which was on sale at under $75.00. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with this store. Where I live, there are very few choices for top shelf rum. I would not have known about these other rum labels if it were not for Edward Hamilton's work in compiling this amazing website! Thanks Ed, and anyone who wants to purchase some fine rum and has limited choices in his state, I recommend checking both Witty's and the Wine Chateau. By the way, I also picked up a liter of Appleton Reserve at Pop's, which was $36.00 delivered to my door via UPS.
teach92651 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rum questions/discussions