MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

270 years ago in 1749, La Mauny was established on Martinique.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum Events
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rum Events

Sugar Cane Spirit Events around the world

Old 04-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
The Rum Ambassador

Default Rumfest 2007 in London.

Hey Guys. If any of are in London on the 20th -21st October 2007 then Rumfest UK...The Rum Experience is definitely the place to be,

On Saturday 20th to the 21st October 2007, we're going to fill the Royal Horticultural Halls in London with rum exhibitors from all over the world and have an enormous celebration of everything related to our favourite spirit.

During the 2 days you can get involved with;

*CLASS Magazine Cocktail demo bar - featuring some of the UK's top mixologists and liquid Chefs enticing you with our favourite spirit.
*The chance to taste some of the worlds rarest and most expensive rums.
*Tasting seminars - featuring Dave Broom, Joy Spence from Appleton, Richard Seale from Doorlys and Duane Dove's 'Rum and Chocolate' seminar.
*Dominoes and Daiquiris area - featuring tournament play from the West Indies fave past time
*The Rum Shack Bar - off-license where you can taste and stock up on quality rums from all over the world.
*Music from London school of Samba and the Poison Notting Hill Carnival troupe
*Appleton Bartender Challenge - where finalists will win a trip to Jamaica
*Plus the chance to sip and savour over 100 different rums.

There are also promotions going off in local bars around London town, a spirits tasting challenge, an awards dinner on the Saturday night.........it's basically our rum heaven crammed into a week.
For more info go to www.rumfest.co.uk

Cheers

UK RUMFEST...The Rum Experience
London, England
24th-25th October 2009
www.rumfest.co.uk

Last edited by The Rum Ambassador; 04-18-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Dates have changed
The Rum Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Ed P

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for posting that link, I will now be attending the Saturday with my father.

As the Rugby World Cup Final kicks off at 8pm on the Saturday it has the makings of a great, and somewhat boozy, weekend!

Last edited by Ed P; 08-14-2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Ed P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
The Rum Ambassador

Default Boozy weekend with Bundaberg

It most certainly will be a boozy weekend. Speaking of rugby. We, at the Rumfest, are negotiating a deal with the Australian Bars, "Walkabout". As part of the Rumfest celebrations, Walkabout will be conducting their own RUM RUN, were you'll be able to win a trip to Australia by buying a Bundaberg Rum Cocktail. I will keep you posted.

London, England
24th-25th October 2009
www.rumfest.co.uk
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Edward Hamilton
Founder

The tasting has been concluded but I'm not able to post pictures while I'm in London. It has been great meeting so many rum lovers with whom I've communicated over the years and can finally put a name with a face.
The results will be posted soon and I'll add a link as soon as they are posted.
Lots of good rum here in London, I just wish I could stay longer and enjoy more of this fine city where rum bars really know their rums and have some huge selections.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Berbician

Ed,

I'm glad that you're enjoying London. I caught the odd glimpse of you at the Rumfest yesterday and at the Artesian on Thursday - you're a lot taller than I thought you would be.
Berbician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default The Rum Experience was an experience indeed

Thanks to the relentless work of Ian Burrell, his lovely sister and many more people, he even put his mother to work, the inaugural London Rum Experience was nothing less than overwhelming by all accounts. The list of rums, authors, distillers, blenders, mixologists, retailers and rum lovers would take pages to write. A number of people on the British Airways flight were talking about the Rum Experience on the flight back to the US, too bad we couldn't carry on rum in the cabin. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I catch up on some sleep.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Paulipbartender
Connoisseur's Cabinet Member

Default Thanks to everyone who contributed to the UK RumFest

Ed,

It was a privilege and an immense pleasure to host you at the RumFest - what a buzz we've had!

Ian and I have carried the vision of the show in our heads for a year or more and it was overwhelming to see it come together so fantastically - due in large part to the contribution of the passionate staff, the exhibitors and the enthusiatic (understanding in parts!) and friendly rum-heads who turned up.

Personal thanks to you, Mike, Rob and Rob and of course Paul Artrip for your contribution, banter and fascinating stories. Hopefully we'll get to see you all before next years show......which we'll keep you posted on in good time.

And thanks to everyone who turned up and made it such great fun. Drop us a line if you have any comments, suggestions or questions.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Sorry we didn't have more time to spend with the bartenders, Ian kept us busy but we all look forward to the next time out paths cross.
Here are some assorted links to pictures from Rum Experience week in London 2007. If you have more photos feel free to post them. I'll also add links to some other photo collections.
Ministry of Rum

Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
The Rum Ambassador

Default Cheers ED

Thanks for blessing the The Rum Experience with your presence. As you now know, you have many fans in the UK and we look forward to having you back over here spreading your rum knowledge and THAT unmistakeable ED Hamilton points of view. I look forward to hanging out with you again.

London, England
24th-25th October 2009
www.rumfest.co.uk
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
RobertBurr

Send a message via Skype™ to RobertBurr
Default Hats Off To Rum Fest UK organizers!

The opportunity for the two Robs from the Gifted Rums Guide to participate in Rum Fest UK was a great honor and a privilege. Along with Ed and Paul, were treated like rum royalty by our host Ian, his pals Paul McFadyen and Ben Reed, Mickael Perron, all the folks at Cotton's and the staff at the Artesia Bar for the tasting competition at the Langham Hotel.

Premium Rums and collectible rums are all the rage in Europe, as in the US -- and the trend is just getting started. We found quite a few rums in England not available (yet) on the shelves here in South Florida and we're encouraging the best of them to make the effort.

Again, words can hardly describe how well the event was planned and executed and the level of hospitality offered to those of us from the other side of the pond during our stay. We're looking forward to the next RumFest UK and working with our friends to promote and support the best rums in the world.
RobertBurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Rum in the Media > Rum Events