MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

53 years ago in 1966, Suriname Alcoholic Beverages NV was established in Suriname.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
Karupano1762

Default Greetings from Margarita Island, Venezuelan Caribbean

Greetings from Margarita Island, Venezuelan Caribbean

Excuse me in advance, my elementary knowledge of the English language.

As forum newbie I introduce myself:

My love for rum comes triple: 1) on the side, I'm Venezuelan, and in my country rum is tradition and pride, 2) I come from a family of seafaring tradition (I myself was a nautical cadet), and rum is linked to the naval tradition, and 3) because I simply like the aroma, flavor and history of rum.

I really lived for a long time completely abstemious, about 10 years ago here, I have started to try several types of drinks (beers, wines and sparkling wines, vodkas, gins, cocuy ...), and it is the rum that has caught my attention the most, for the three reasons mentioned above.

My home cabinet has, for the moment, the following rums with Controlled Origin Designation "Rones de Venezuela": Diplomático Mantuano (8 years of aging), Diplomático Añejo (4 years of aging), Santa Teresa 1796 Solera, Carupano Oro (12 years of aging), Carupano Reserva Especial (6 years of aging), Pampero Selección 1938 (8 years of aging), Bodega 1800 Millenium (12 years of aging) and Ron Canaima Blanco. Likewise, a rum flavored with coconut Carupano Cocoron, SantaTeresa Rhum Orange Liqueur, and a White Rum Liquor (Licor de Ron Blanco Cinco Estrellas). I had an old Puerto Rican rum Don Q, but in the company of several relatives and friends we took it, and I did not keep the bottle.

As my small collection is almost exclusively Venezuelan premium rums with Controlled Origin Denomination "Rones de Venezuela", I would like to expand my knowledge in rums from other latitudes.

The rum is living an important moment, I think the second most important since the era of pirates, and I want to be part of it.

I have two small illusions: 1) Increase my collection and 2) That the miniature bottles are easier to find, would be a viable way to know the maximum amount of rums possible, even low cost.

I am an idealist of rum, and I would like to encourage the use of the term: Ronista (at the moment I do not dare to adapt to the English language, it could be something like: Rumist, Rhumist…). For me a "Ronista" is that Ron lover, who is also a collector, is a promoter of their consumption, and has dedicated himself to deepening the knowledge and characteristics of the rums and their history, as well as a minimum ability to taste and identification of rums (without reaching the level of a "Ronero Master").

In the database of the site, I realized that there are not all the rum distilleries that exist in my country (Venezuela), I hope to contribute with information about it.

Cheer!

Karupano1762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions