MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

373 years ago in 1647, there were 120 drinking houses in Bridgetown, Barbados, only 20 years after the first British colony was established on the island.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
creag

Send a message via MSN to creag
Default Hello from the NorthEast of England

Have been meaning to register on this site for some time, but was too engrossed in reading all the stuff already on here to write anything myself.

Always loved Rum and I am happy to become a member of this ministry (does that make me a minister?). My Grandad (RIP) was a devotee of Captain Morgan Original and that made Christmas so much easier for us: You would either buy him a bottle of CM or a bar of Bourneville and he was happy. It wasn't until I had tried all the other spirits that I developed an appreciation for Rum, particularly CM, and I was obliviously happy with my new found friend!

Then one day, I discovered Appleton Rum and tried it, enjoyed it and was very surprised by the wide spectrum of tastes that Rum can deliver; this was the beginning of my quest to sample as many rums as possible and, since then, I have built a modest collection of empty bottles to serve as pleasant reminders of happy encounters!

The reason I like to keep the empty bottles is that they also maintain an aroma which brings back the memories of the actual taste...

Like many of you, I cannot really say that I have a favourite Rum, as I like to revisit old friends and remake the acquaintance. I am currently halfway through getting to know the 15 yo Pussers and am thoroughly enjoying the experience, especially as I augment this relationship with my current staple - Mount Gay Eclipse (I found a local place that sells it for £9.99/700ml!). It is good to have a nice staple Rum with which I can compare new friendships!

So, that's me. I am looking forward to becoming a regular visitor, primarily to read about what your experiences are and hopefully to join in where we can share a common experience.

OUR MEN!
creag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Tiare

Hello creag! just have to say that I just like you keeps the old bottles..for the aroma which brings back the memories of the actual taste...and also for the labels which I think in many cases are really nice.
Tiare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
The Rum Ambassador

Default Welcome

Welcome to the ministry Creag. I think most of us would agree with you that with so many great rums out there with so many complicated but complimentary flavours, it's hard to pin down a favourite rum. But the Pussers 15 is indeed a beautiful product.

UK RUMFEST...The Rum Experience
London, England
24th-25th October 2009
www.rumfest.co.uk
The Rum Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Dood

Welcome to the Ministry!

Get used to the constant reading...there was a time when I posted here all the time...nowadays I'm lucky if I read every post in a given day cause there are so many.
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Like Dood, I used to have time to read every post and unfortunately, I can't do that anymore. Welcome to the Ministry, I'm not sure what title members should be called. Any suggestions. I don't call myself the Minister, I just work for the Ministry. I hope to write the story of how the Ministry of Rum came to be but I don't have time to do it right now. It's cocktail time.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
Dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
I am the Minister of Rum, baby.
Fixed? I think so.
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions