MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

15 years ago in 2004, Sagatiba Brasil SA was established in Brazil.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
JadedSailor

Default Greetings/A good place to start?

Hello all. How are you? I kinda discovered this place by accident but I'm glad that I did. Wanted to introduce myself to you all. I just finished my first bottle into the awesomeness that is rum, English Harbour 5 year old, and it was delicious. Very mellow, you can smell the sugar and spices, but it doesn't taste sickly sweet like some rums can. I'm hoping that I got a good jumping point and am going out tomorrow to see if I can find something in the same vein maybe a nice 15 year old on the cheap if possible. Cheers all!
JadedSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Welcome to the forums JadedSailor. That English Harbour you mention is a real prize. I haven't seen much of that around lately but it does seem to be seen every now and then. I'd keep an eye on the shelf for another bottle since you seem to have enjoyed the last one.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
JadedSailor

Oh it was very good if you find it I would think about picking up a bottle if possible. I'm not really sure that one can find the five year old around here. At least I've never spied it at my local stores I'll be looking for it or it's older brothers so I can compare the differences between the two because of the time that they are aged. I honestly need to start keeping like a notebook of my impressions from now on so I can compare and contrast and see what I like. Rum and coke are fine, but there is something to be said of hanging out in a dimly lit room with a drink in one hand and slowly playing music coming from the ipod in the other.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
JadedSailor

Oh it was awesome. I would recommend picking up a bottle if your can find it. When I first got it I was told that you couldn't find it in the states, but I don't see anything about that on the website so I guess that it's around here somewhere.

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions