MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

135 years ago in 1884, The Beenleigh Distillery was established in Queensland, Australia.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rhum Agricole
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Rhum Agricole

Fresh sugar cane juice rhum from the French islands.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #31
Lйlй

Hello everyone. I read these post and i think i can add something interesting. The supermarchйs in france have usually Rhum Agricole Blancs, sometimes Rhum ambrй or paillй. Normally they have the labels Saint-James, Dillon, Trois Rivieres, and some from Guadeloupe. The next time if you visit paris check out Tropical Marchй!!! It's a shop located in Saint-Ouen (part of paris), they have everything what a antilles fan needs :-) tropical fruits, souvenirs, confitures, everything freshly importet from Martinique and Guadeloupe. And of course Rhum:-) Neisson, Depaz, Trois Rivieres, La Mauny, Clement, JM, Dillon, St. Etienne (the old bottles!!!), St-James, and from Guadeloupe Bielle, Montebello, Bologne, Pere Labat, Reimonecq, Severin, from Reunion they have Charette. So everything a rum-lover needs! Blanc, Ambrй, Paillй, vieux, they have them all. Prices are also ok i think, blancs from 12 Euro - 24 Euro (Clement Canne bleue) and vieux from 23 Euro - ??? Euro.

Check the Shop out when you're in paris!

Tropic Marchй
2, rue Du Moutier
93400 Saint-Ouen
Lйlй is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
leisure master

Thanks for this great information!

Unfortunately, you posted the day I left for Paris and I was not able to log on to the internet while in Paris and I missed going here! However, I am sure my wife is pleased I missed your post because I would have spent way to much if I had found that place...

While in Paris I was able to pick up bottles of Damoiseau, Dillon and Chauvet...and somehow a couple of bottles of Havana Club Barrel Strength also managed to sneak into my bags...not sure how that happened.
leisure master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #33
forrest

Welcome to the for-rums Lйlй!

and thanks for the good info!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
RonJames

Welcome aboard Lele
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #35
rumdog007

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lйlй View Post
Hello everyone. I read these post and i think i can add something interesting. The supermarchйs in france have usually Rhum Agricole Blancs, sometimes Rhum ambrй or paillй. Normally they have the labels Saint-James, Dillon, Trois Rivieres, and some from Guadeloupe. The next time if you visit paris check out Tropical Marchй!!! It's a shop located in Saint-Ouen (part of paris), they have everything what a antilles fan needs :-) tropical fruits, souvenirs, confitures, everything freshly importet from Martinique and Guadeloupe. And of course Rhum:-) Neisson, Depaz, Trois Rivieres, La Mauny, Clement, JM, Dillon, St. Etienne (the old bottles!!!), St-James, and from Guadeloupe Bielle, Montebello, Bologne, Pere Labat, Reimonecq, Severin, from Reunion they have Charette. So everything a rum-lover needs! Blanc, Ambrй, Paillй, vieux, they have them all. Prices are also ok i think, blancs from 12 Euro - 24 Euro (Clement Canne bleue) and vieux from 23 Euro - ??? Euro.

Check the Shop out when you're in paris!

Tropic Marchй
2, rue Du Moutier
93400 Saint-Ouen
Welcome!

....and thank you! I have a trip to Germany in June and will get to Paris to find that shop!
rumdog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
manu_bud

I recently purchased a white rhum originally from Guadeloupe (Longueteau) and it got me impressed for a 62% vol. rhum purchased for about 15 euros! It has strong grass flavors and a deep cane syrup smell. It is the best over 50% alc./vol. agricole I have ever tested (though I have little experience in rhum tasting). Does anyone else know Longueteau rhums and if so what do you think of them?
manu_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #37
marcomillions

I'm a late joiner, but grateful for the suggestions in this thread.

Let me add two cents to the discussion. For opportunities for tasting rhums agricoles--most, though not all, from French departments or dependencies--I can't think of a better place than La Rhumerie, at 166 boulevard Saint-Germain, Paris 6e, at the Mabillon mйtro stop, where the rue du Four runs into the boulevard. This place has saved my life on several occasions, both in freezing weather and baking. You can check them out on line: http://www.larhumerie.com/

To see their list of rums, choose La Carte from the menu on top, then La Route de Rhum from the list on the Carte page, then click on the island you want to see the offerings from.

For serious selections of serious rums to purchase, I've had the most success at the Fauchon and Hйdiard mother ships on the place de la Madeleine. These shops are famous for a reason.
marcomillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #38
Gwad-Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_bud View Post
I recently purchased a white rhum originally from Guadeloupe (Longueteau) and it got me impressed for a 62% vol. rhum purchased for about 15 euros! It has strong grass flavors and a deep cane syrup smell. It is the best over 50% alc./vol. agricole I have ever tested (though I have little experience in rhum tasting). Does anyone else know Longueteau rhums and if so what do you think of them?
I agree! It is 62° but it is really close to a nectar! I like it very much!
Gwad-Link is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Rhum Agricole