MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

166 years ago in 1853, Fabrica Nacional de Licores was established in Costa Rica.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Where's Ed?
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Where's Ed?

Where ever you drop anchor, after the first drink is served, everyone wants to catch up on the news of friends on boats. Where's ?? is a common question. So to try and answer the question, Where's Ed? here's a clue where you might find me.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Edward Hamilton
Founder

Default Back on the road

After some much needed rest while I took care of a few things around this Ministry of Rum site, I'm heading to Houston Monday for a few drinks with some friends. Tuesday I'll arrive in Los Angeles in preparation for the Leblon Cachaзa Chat Wednesday.

The following week I'm hoping to confirm a date and venue for the 2010 Ministry of Rum Tasting Competition before heading to Florida the last week of the month.

I look forward to meeting more Ministry of Rum members on this trip and enjoying a few cocktails along the way.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Saxman

Any chance you'll make it up to BC (Vancouver) this year Ed? I know there's a large BC following that would like to share some drinks with you
Saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I was planning to go to Portland, Seattle and sneak away over the border on this trip now that the Olympics are over but there was a change in plans. But the weather is only going to get better over the next few months. I'd also like to get to Calgary and maybe as far as Edmonton on a trip this summer.
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I just found out that I'll be at Anvil Bar and Refuge in Houston Monday evening.
Ministry of Rum

Old 03-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Rum Runner Imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
I was planning to go to Portland, Seattle and sneak away over the border on this trip now that the Olympics are over but there was a change in plans. But the weather is only going to get better over the next few months. I'd also like to get to Calgary and maybe as far as Edmonton on a trip this summer.
Keep us informed as best you can Ed... RRI will be all over BC and Alberta this year...im sure we can meet up along the way. *and I know that Rumdealer was hoping you'd show up for the British Royal Navy Imperial tasting event.
Rum Runner Imports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Cosarica!

Hola Ed, hope you are well. Kindly let me know whether this is the place on the Ministry website to discuss the following matter in future email exchanges with you: in late Dec of 2010 I will run a private tour group of 20 visual artists from the USA visiting PR. We will be mostly outdoors on the Sunset Coast but will start off in San Juan. I would like to have a rum tasting as a part of our program. Here are my two questions...(1) can the Ministry's December Rum Tasting event in San Juan accommodate our group if our dates coincide?, and (2) if our dates do not coincide, do you, or any other Ministry member, do such presentations for private groups? if so, how? at what cost? Thank You--Cosarica!
Cosarica! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
RonJames

Bueno Dia Cosarica! I can't speak for Ed but there are some tremendous people/members in PR. If stuff you run into trouble there's a gentleman named Frederico that runs a rum bar out of hotel el convento in viejo san juan, and I believe that he's the mastermind behind the rum festival held in san juan in March. I know that he, rum runner, and the Rumelier have done bacardi and barrilito tours. Again, I am NOT speaking for the ministry, members, or Ed, just trying to help another rum lover out. If you need some more help just fire away
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Cosarica!

Hola RonJames, thank you very much for the wonderful scoop. I know Hotel El Convento back since it was a heap of ruins, and I mean that literally. As a 13-year old, I'd stray into the ruins on my way to art class to listen to the ghosts of the nuns whispering from the depths of those hollow spaces. I was heartbroken to find out it was just the whispering of homeless women dwelling there in the dark, then heartbroken again to understand something of those forsaken women's lives in the flesh.... But I digress. For all that, I did not know of the fellow you mentioned, Federico. Interesting, as I was just on the phone with El Convento Sales Dept. last week, exploring the hotel as a possible venue for my tour. I will surely follow-up on that lead. With all likelihood something good will come of it. Sincerely, Cosarica!
Cosarica! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
RonJames

If you run into any problems cosarica just private message me. A PR woman stole my heart, and Ron PR blew my mind and started me on this trek. Anything I can do to help is an honor on my part.
RonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Off Topic > Where's Ed?