MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

105 years ago in 1913, Destileria Colombiana was established in Columbia.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #201
faithlessnomad

Default Rum Diaries

While I still aspire to the disheveled anarchy of a life wasted on sailboats and sleazy bars, the pirate in me has been subdued by the anchor of children and crippled by the myopia of suburban horizons. Without the vision of endless ocean I turn to Eldorado for that taste of adventure. A life that could be... that might still be. Cheers
Faithlessnomad
faithlessnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #202
ospreybay

Default Hello Everyone!

Osprey's my name, and I come from the Bay (Islamorada in the Florida Keys that is). I was searching online for a place to purchase Mount Gay's Sugar Cane Rum and came across the Ministry of Rum! How cool is THAT!! Dedicated to...RUM- how fun- If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane, as the great JB teaches us :-)
ospreybay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #203
mrs.manor

Default New to the Ministry of Rum

Hello! I do enjoy good rum, but I must admit, I am not too well versed in what is "the best". I know what my taste buds like and I let them decide which rums to drink and which to avoid. I'm looking forward to learning more!
mrs.manor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #204
MaukaHale

Default New Member

I have been investigating rum drinks for about 3 years now. I'm very disappointed that Lemon Hart 151 has been discontinued. I hope a new product becomes available soon. I recently had a sip of Trader Vic's 151 rum. I never had such a burning sensation in my throat. I don't think its a rum for me.
MaukaHale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #205
RumBlee

Default New Member Intro

I've enjoyed rum for years but recently got serious about exploring the Noble Spirit. I stumbled onto this site when searching for info about a rum in my modest collection, Rhum Dillon Dark from Martinique (no longer available but not a collectors item by any means).

Here in the Columbus, Ohio area where I live, the rum selection is limited due to the state's liquor controls. Stores in Kentucky have a much greater selection and thanks to this site I'll be attending the 1st Midwest Rum Fest in Louisville on December 6.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't pay tribute to my late father. He loved rum and was a big fan of Trader Vic and Don the Beachcomber. Even though he died 18 years ago, his version of Trader Vic's Zombie remains legendary among family and friends. That drink was my first introduction to rum.

Looking forward to learning/sharing more about rum.
RumBlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #206
doubleplease

Hello! I'm not totally newbie in Rum, but I can't say that I'm pro. I'me here to learn new things and to enjoy being in this community.

From Russia, with love.
doubleplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #207
el-jorge

Hello guys,

I'm Jorg from Holland, 34 years old, and an occasionally rum drinker. In search of a new supply I found this site. So I registerd to learn some more about rum.
el-jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #208
rhummeister

Default I enjoy rum

...I'm retired, but in the past, I've been around the Gulf of Mexico / Caribbean / Central America regions a bit ... spent time above & below the waters, & always found the best, or at least, a bar in the any given area.

...I've enjoyed rum for almost 1/2 a century, from Zombies in 1960's New Orleans, to many points SSE, & so many varieties, I couldn't recall them all...

...My preferred rum is Pusser's 15yr for a molasses, & Barbancourt's 8yr for cane syrup...neat.

...My wife enjoys the spicier rums, such as Zaya or Plantation 20, so we try a variety of aged rums for her tastes...I enjoy the varieties & appreciate rums with higher quality ingredients.

...Taste varies greatly from person to person...When judging overall quality, I don't equate price or age as the defining factors, rather, finding the quality in the cup & on the tounge...

...Well, enough about you, let's talk about me...ha ha ha...

Cheers...

John
rhummeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #209
jrl915

Welcome. You'll find a lot of good information on this site.
jrl915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #210
the-moleman

Hello all. I first got into classic cocktails about 15 years ago, but didn't really get into rum until the last five years or so. It's been a treat! Good rums are great to enjoy neat, the cocktails are fantastic, and tiki culture is fun! I look forward to learning much from the collective wisdom here at the MoR.
the-moleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions