MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

58 years ago in 1959, Nepal Distilleries Pvt Ltd was established in Nepal.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:57 AM   #261
vincit

Default Hi there.

Greetings.

I´m a 36 year old Army veteran from Denmark.
I enjoy both drinking and collecting rum. Especially old Zacapa Rums... so if anybody should have an old Zacapa bottle they want to sell.. send me a message :P
vincit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #262
Eupraxis

Default Howdy from NY

35 yo data scientist in NY. First got into rum with ED12 back in '08, then Bacardi 8. Currently into sipping Mt. Gay Eclipse (Gold).

Also like dark (really dark) beers (current favorite is Great Divide's Yeti Imperial Stout) and drink coffee black. So yea...not too into mixers .. I like to keep everything "noble" :-)
Eupraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:38 AM   #263
Easulak

Default Appleton Estate 50 YO

Hello, from what I understood, the oldest rum would be 20 yo and not aged in the tropics that's why it took longer to mature. What is the deal with this Appleton estate who claims to be 50 yo selling at $6000 a bottle?
Easulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #264
RumScrummager

A jack of all trades, I like to think of myself as a modern day Tiki practitioner, mixologist, graphic designer, and critical thinker. Originally from Ft. Lauderdale, FL I have spent a significant amount of time in the U.K and have a particular affinity for Jamaican and Guyanese rum.
RumScrummager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:43 AM   #265
From the eyes of a pirate

Default From the eyes of a pirate

Ahoy me hearties I be Captain Greywolfe my user name is my rum review page on Facebook, From the eyes of a pirate rum reviews. I review a different rum every Friday and Saturday nights. My quest is to find the best tasting rums from across the seven seas. I've reviewed a good many from Admiral Nelsons 101 spiced to Vizcaya cask 12.a very good many I've enjoyed and sad to say I've discovered a few that I've had to disagree with. I live landlocked north of Atlanta Ga. and availability top a great many more is out of reach such as Kill Devil from none the less Kill Devil, North Carolina. I be in the search of fine rum and rum barrels for me rum cabinet. If any swashbuckling privateer had any suggestions please don't hesitate to contact me on me inbox. Fair seas to ye all.
From the eyes of a pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #266
mikepellerin

Default Hello

I'm a retired archaeologist. After retiring I moved from Tucson AZ back to my home state of MA. I was working as a manager at the nearby multi-plex cinema. A coworker brought me back a bottle of rum from the Bahamas, it was then that I realized my love of rum, and that was about 16 years ago.
mikepellerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:12 PM   #267
Roguejim

Hi. I live in the Pacific Northwest, USA, and work for the USPS. Rum selection here is a bit scant, but, I do the best I can. Just had a Bees Kiss which is now a fave cocktail. Searching out Tiki rums at the moment.
Roguejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #268
heylownine

Default Introduction

Hi,

My name is a Kevin Upthegrove. I'm a longtime reader of the MoR site, but I had never registered for the forums (I have a terrible time keeping up on message boards but I'm going to try).

My way into rum was through tiki - Martin Cate's Tiki Oasis presentations and Beachbum Berry's books - and I grew my collection a couple of bottles at the time. My focus has been on creating and re-creating cocktails and as such I tend to focus on currently available rums rather than historical bottles. In some of my spare time I produce a podcast on rum called 5 Minutes of Rum.

Thanks for creating this corner of the internet, Ed! It's immensely educational and informative (oh and thanks for the Hamilton line of rums as well!).

kevin
heylownine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #269
rainywolf

Default Just a mention

Thanks for providing this forum. I'm from Seattle USA, but having lived and worked at sea and in sea ports around the world for some decades now, I've become a bit of a hack rum aficionado, certainly not in any articulate sense. I'm interested in building a still and making some rum, now that I live in a place with ample cane resources nearby. I came here by chance. Glad to see a place such as this. Thank you Sir Hamilton.

Wolfgang Rain
Vung Tau, Viet Nam
rainywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #270
Maddog37

Default Newbee

I am a 66 year old disabled veteran with a Silver Star and Purple Heart & PTSD. I am at peace on the old home place, far removed from the madding crowd. I have my greenhouse and still that I built there. My wife and I have a home 18 miles away where I sleep. I spend my days at the greenhouse, tending my chickens, and running off some of the finest sipping whisky west of the Mississippi(according to my whisky drinking friends)(4X). I age my whiskey with Jack Daniels smoking chips I char. Monday I had the privilege of obtaining 30 gallons of sugar cane juice off the press and it was in the ferment vat 6 hours later. I have never made rhum agricole before and would appreciate input. Fermentation is slowing down, but will let settle for a few days before loading boiler. Any comments on aging for mellow? Raw, light char, or dark char. This is one shot johnny for good rhum. If it works, I may get a shot at next years harvest.
Maddog37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions