MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

255 years ago in 1762, Destileria Carupano C.A. was established in Venezuela.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #231
anax44

Default Greetings from Trinidad

Hi everyone! I found this site a few years ago when I was looking for information on some rare Caroni rums and again when I was trying to find information on Scarlet Ibis rum.

My favorite rums are El Dorado 15 year old, Angostura 5 year old and Angostura 7 year old but I appreciate many others and I'm always looking for something new.

I generally drink a few ounces with 2 blocks of ice but I love rum with coconut water as well as variations of rum punch and the occasional cocktail. (Mai tais with homemade orgeat, painkillers, and daiquiris)

Other than rum, I drink whisky from time to time and I'm not opposed to brandy and pisco but I don't seek it out. I'm a big craft beer fan as well but only get a chance to indulge my love of a good IPA when I'm stateside.

Here's to learning more about rum, getting and sharing some cocktail recipes and meeting some other rum lovers!
anax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #232
MikeR

Default Introduction

I'm Mike Robertson. I've been in the restaurant industry since 1970. I have worked in all facets of the business, dishwasher, cook, busboy, waiter, bartender, bar manager, general manager, F&B director, and consultant. I am still behind the bar as bartending is my first love.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #233
Rhum John

Default rhum for fun.

Thanks for the invitation to the world of rhum, I have been a fan for many years. During my sailing days I spent some time searching for the "perfect" rum in the Caribbean and a couple of Central American countries. The search continues, I am excited to hear some tales from the members about their discoveries.
Rhum John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #234
mojohand

Default New Member

Greetings,

Spent a bit of time recently on this forum lurking about and picking up some good info so thought I better join. Been drinking rum for a few years now and it has become my preferred spirit of choice although I do branch into whiskey (Irish and Scotch) on occasion.

My preferred rums are the aged Caribbean rums and I'm thinking of making my next purchase a rhum agricole for a change as I've never tried it and think it's time I did...

Cheers...
mojohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:12 AM   #235
Commotion

Hi, Damien from Australia here. I have been collecting and enjoying Rum for a few years now. I enjoy the vast differences in rum taste as opposed to other spirits. I have a collection approaching 30 bottles. Spirits are quite expensive to acquire here due to duties and taxes otherwise my collection would likely be much bigger.

My favorite brand is Plantation (C Ferrand) and my favourite rum would be their XO. I tend to prefer the dryer/grassier rums made from the cane juice however i really enjoy the local rum, Beenleigh, who is making a resurgence here with some exciting new products. I am really looking forward to try their 10 & 15 yo rums they plan on releasing at the end of the year.

Btw, i am not a fan of Bundaberg however been a rum fan i would probably still go it over a johnny walker red or JD #7.
Commotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:55 AM   #236
moolyboy

Hi
I live on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. I have been interested in Carribbean Rums for some time and hope to find out more on this site
Here's to Rum in all it's forms
moolyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #237
Banus

Default Newbie

Hi, just joined. Big single malt fan but i have been getting into rum after a gift recentky of Mount Gay black barrel which i loved, and also a bottle of the 1703. I hadnt opened the latter but i am currently on holiday in St Thomas and bought a shot of the 1703 last night here and it is fantastic.

Bought a bottle of the mount gay XO to take home and compare - prices here are so low, looking to buy a Ron Zacapa to try

All suggestions welcomed
Banus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #238
Naptown_Jim

Default Annapolis Sailor

Found the site a couple of years ago after hearing about Ed and his expertise while reading An Embarrassment of Mangoes. Finally decided to join the forum.
Naptown_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:04 AM   #239
MrD

Default Hello

Hello all,
Recently (last few years) become more and more interested in Rum. I'm interested in the production as well as aging and of course, the enjoyment that a good rum brings. I tend to drink them neat and like the ones with a few years on them.
I am still very new to this spirt as a whole and welcome the chance to become better educated in all things Rum.
Cheers from Nor Cal.
MrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #240
Rumming

Default Yet One More Montrealer

Happy to have found this forum.

As a Montrealer it should not come as a surprise that I favour mostly Rhum Agricole or Sugar Cane originating rums (rather than molasses base ones).

I have a small collection of rums at home which is updated as we run out of this bottle or the other...

Incidentally I am a bit suspicious of Quebec's Chic Choc as the language of its description is a bit ambiguous leaving open the possibility that it's an imported rum, only spiced and bottled here. A question to that effect to the producer (?-) Domaine Pinnacle remained unanswered...

Considering starting a group of rum lovers in Montreal's West island where I live...
Rumming is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions