MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

13 years ago in 2005, Graham Barnes Distilling was established in Austin, California.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #301
zipfly1968

Hello guys,

I'm Dave from the U.K, 50 years old, and an occasionally rum drinker. In search of a new variety I found this site. So I registered to learn some more about rum especially the high ester rums.
zipfly1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #302
DaiSpirit

Default Where to Buy Drinks when on Holiday in the UK/Ireland

Dear ALL,

Hello, I run UK Winetasters and am trying to get UK (& Ireland) residents (as well as International Visitors) to visit anywhere in these Islands where either Wines, Spirits (except Whisk(e)y) and Ciders are made, can be seen and tasted. I have always been a rum lover from the days of "Ron"to the "delivered" Barbadian Rums that my friends bought back from home and on to Myers and some of the beautiful golden and dark rums. I never thought that I would see the day when British "Finished" rums were acceptable and - more importantly - might be visited and tasted at source (or relatively near).
I hope to learn a lot more about Rum and the different styles from everyone here.
DaiSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:59 AM   #303
gfhstab77

Default Greetings!!

Hello fellow members of MoR!! I'm happy to be onboard... oddly, I have a sudden urge to charge my glass with some fine dark rum.

All the best!!
gfhstab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #304
ArizonaRumandSpirits

Smile Oldy but Newby saying Hi!

Hi again to the Rummies out there! I'm re registering because I cannot access my old account, and after reading the first post on this thread, that might be why! Anyway, I've re activated my account, and I will try to add my rums that we make right here in Arizona!
ArizonaRumandSpirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #305
Biminibill

Default Biminibill

Hello all rum lovers. I've sought out the Ministry of Rum forum because I'm very worried that the rum that has pacified my liver all of my adult life has disappeared off the shelves here in Florida and as well, Georgia. For forty plus years I've enjoyed Bacardi Anejo rum BOTTLED IN MEXICO - not Puerto Rico - either straight up or in a Cuba Libra. My late wife Chris and I used to haul it back from Bimini in quantity every summer to supply myself, my late father and friends. In recent years I was able to buy it here in Florida and often took it to Central Europe to share with my friends there. All love it. Recently I've noticed that the only Bacardi I see on the shelves is from Puerto Rico. The so-called "Anejo" from Puerto Rico is ONLY four years old and has a completely different taste as does all of the Puerto Rican Bacardi. I've queried a friend in the spirits business and even he wasn't able to find out what happened. I'm here to find out two things: First, is the Mexican Bacardi Anejo still being produced and two, how can I get it? I'm down to my last case. Thanks, all for your help. Bill
Biminibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #306
gscdavid

Default Looking for knowledge

I am interested in a variety of different spirits. I came across this bottle of Rum and have not found much information about it. I'm hoping some members can help.

Anything Interesting

Thanks,

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HZW6qHz7QuikGXO7WNndvQ.jpg (83.9 KB, 5 views)
gscdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #307
Pooch

Default Greetings from West Palm Beach, Florida

Hello all, I am a tattoo artist and painter in Florida and a frequent Ma Kai visitor. I am into tiki and rum mixology and found my way here through trying Hamilton black pot still and wanting to know more about it. It is an incredible molasses-whisky flavor and I love that Jamaican funk! I enjoy sipping rums and mixing everything from simple rum-lime sugar drinks to complex Donn Beach and Jeff Berry creations like the rum barrel, planters punch and zombies. Looking forward to furthering my rum knowledge here,
Cheers!
Pooch
Pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #308
RobN

Default Newbie

Hi All,

New to the forum and to rum as a sipping spirit. Looking forward to learning for you all.

Rob
RobN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #309
mrn1ngstr

Hello, Im Michael. Being a sailor, I am naturally a rum fan I hope to learn more from this forum and discover new rums that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
mrn1ngstr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions