MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

169 years ago in 1845, Distillerie Isautier was established on Reunion.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Cachaça
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Cachaça

The Brazilian sugar cane spirit all its own

Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #31
Johnniesworld

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnniesworld
Thumbs up Sagatiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
Thank you for the information John. I'm heading to California next week and hope we can meet. In regards to Southern Wine and Spirits, I wish it was as easy as just calling them up and ordering products, but if you're a bar or retail shop owner you may have to make a few phone calls or send John an email and he'll sort it out.

Thanks also for the clarification of where the Preciosa came from. I've heard several different stories about that product but coming the global brand ambassador, I'll take it as the answer I've been looking for.
Hi all,

I'm very happy to help with all things Sagatiba! Just fire me an email or find me on Facebook...

Regards,

JOHN GAKURU
john@sagatiba.com | www.sagatiba.com
Johnniesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #32
Jamie76

I never did respond back to this post. Unfortunately, I am not a bar owner nor work in a bar. I'll need to look at the Whiskey Exchange.
Jamie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
Skulman

OK So let me get this right. It the Sagatiba Preciosa that everyone is talking about here, not the Pura? I ask because I just saw 2 bottles of the Pura yesterday in a random liquor store on our many searches for those unseen rums. The bottle was priced at $30.00. I have a couple of bottles of different Cachaca and never really liked them so I tend to stay away from them so I didn't buy it. Should I go back and get it? They also had 6 bottles of the Pyrat "Pistol" new label priced at $16.99, and 2 bottles of the Bacardi Ciclon' at $12.99. Those were mainly the ones you don't see much around here. So I came home with both bottles of the Ciclon' because it hasn't been made in years and a bottle of the "Pistol".
Skulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
Jamie76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulman View Post
OK So let me get this right. It the Sagatiba Preciosa that everyone is talking about here, not the Pura? I ask because I just saw 2 bottles of the Pura yesterday in a random liquor store on our many searches for those unseen rums. The bottle was priced at $30.00. I have a couple of bottles of different Cachaca and never really liked them so I tend to stay away from them so I didn't buy it. Should I go back and get it? They also had 6 bottles of the Pyrat "Pistol" new label priced at $16.99, and 2 bottles of the Bacardi Ciclon' at $12.99. Those were mainly the ones you don't see much around here. So I came home with both bottles of the Ciclon' because it hasn't been made in years and a bottle of the "Pistol".
If you found Preciosa for $30.00 you probably should buy every bottle available. Unfortunately, Pura is not Preciosa.
Jamie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
sarahyoung75

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchrumlover View Post
Oh my god.
today i had my first kiss from the sagatiba preciosa and fell in instant love with it.
the rep from sagatiba come around to the bar where i work today and i start to talk with him about the preciosa when suddenly he pull a bottle out of his bag and ask me if i wanted to try AH AH AH.
Asking me this question was the same as if you ask to a blind man if he want to see.
It smell like vanilla/dry fruit and honey / dry on the palate with a taste of cream
and spice almost comparable with a good armagnac
it has to be the best cachaca i ever tried.
i do have a bottle at home but i m waiting an extremly good occasion to open it.
until then i just have to look at it and remember how wonderfull it is:

I really like your post. It is informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing this info.
sarahyoung75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Sugar Cane Spirits > Cachaça