MoR Mobile β

New Users Please read the thread in the Introductions Section.
Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum

14 years ago in 2000, the Roig sugar factory in Yabucoa and the Coloso factory in Aguada, not far from where the first sugar cane had been brought to the island 385 years before, closed.

Search by Label Name
Other Searches
Ministry of Rum Blog
Rum Events
Member Map
Rum Producers
Retail Index
Bars & Restaurants
Distributor Index
Rum Importer Index
Articles
Interviews
Frequently Asked Rum Questions
Rum 101
Test your Rum IQ
Rum Glossary
Rum Recipes
Ministry of Rum Giftshop
Trade Registry

Go Back   Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions
Forgot Password?
Register FAQ Members List Unregistered Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions

Now that you found the rum community, tell us a little about yourself.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
lakedweller

Red face Ginger Rum

Wife and I vacation in the Caribbean (mostly) every Spring since about 7 years ago. We usually stay in Old San Juan PR for a couple of nights, then cruise Royal Caribbean to southern Caribbean ports of call (most of the "Saints", Tortola Dominica, Aruba, etc.) Then back to Old San Juan for an overnight before flying home to upstate New Yor.

We travel where rum is king. I like rum with a preference to the amber to black rums. My wife, being a beer drinker, not so much...until Dominica just a week ago.

After a fun and refreshing river tubing, My wife Sheila was offered a plastic cup half filled with what she was told was Ginger Rum. She offered me a taste with the words "now THIS I like - a LOT! I took a sip. The rum libation was amber in color, strong, yet smooth, just a touch of sweetness, but with an explosion of ginger flavor. This was the most interesting and unique taste experience for me. We were driven back to the port, and attempted to find out where we could get this ginger rum, but we had some difficulties communicating with our driver.

I don't know if we had a bottled product or if the tour guys infused ginger into rum with a recipe. All I know is it tasted great and we want more!

Any help out there?

Tkanks

- Andre
lakedweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Rum Lovers @ the Ministry of Rum > Welcome to the Ministry of Rum Forums > Introductions