View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Edward Hamilton
Founder

I'm leaving tomorrow for Venezuela and the Santa Teresa distillery and will certainly look forward to trying some of the Bicentenario, if there is any left.

I appreciate that many connoisseurs expect, or even demand, that special spirits come in special bottles. For myself, I would much rather have a good spirit than a fancy bottle. I much prefer to collect fine spirits instead of fancy bottles.

Along those lines some of the best spirits I've tasted came in what Madison Ave marketers would call bland and boring. On the other hand, truly small production products don't need fancy bottles to sell them as the quantity available is small and fancy bottles in small quantities cost a lot of money. The question that always comes to my mind is whether the distiller is trying to sell this particular bottle or are they trying to raise the awareness of their brand and sell me their other products which are in mass supply?
Ministry of Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'm going to take it. In the meantime, the research continues.
Edward Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote