View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
gatomalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbician View Post
I bought a bottle of the Cockspur 5 star, for £9.99, a few months ago, and I also thought that it was a bargain. I've never tried the Cockspur 12, so can't comment. However, I will be in Waitrose in a few hours time to do some more research.
Berbician, I bought the Cockspur 12 yesterday for £16.49. I've not opened it yet but from what I've read it seems quite highly-regarded. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumelier View Post
I went to the Waitrose on your guys recommendation and I saw the Barbancourt on special while I was in the UK, but still 3 times what I pay for it here!! I ended up buying a bottle of 1919 to sip while I was staying with my brother. I tried to convert him to rum drinking but failed, I thought this would be the best option from the supermarket from their limited selection. It was good to see rums on special though. I ended up mailing 6 various bottles back, 3 have shown up so far, still waiting for the rest. The one I saved for my suitcase was the very heavy Pusser's Yachting Decanter, I bought at Portsmouth Dockyard, a great looking bottle for the collection, and the rums pretty good to.
Rumelier, that's the problem with the UK! The Barbancourt at that price is cheap for us, but unfortunately we have to live with astronomical taxes on our alcohol. Waitrose has by far the best rum selection of any supermarkets - and they have at least one rum offer per month - but I agree that the selection is not extensive. I would probably have chosen the 1919 too as I've had success "converting" people with that in the past.
gatomalo is offline   Reply With Quote