View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Arctic Wolf
Connoisseur's Cabinet Member

Default Review Revisitation: Lamb’s Blacksheep Rum

I am going to be obtaining all of the current Lamb's Rums for review this summer. So I thought I would start things by revisiting one of my earliest reviews to see if my palate had changed.

Lamb’s Blacksheep Rum is a really fun rum for me, but I had better warn you that the rum will not be for all palates. It is supercharged with cinnamon as the main spice so if cinnamon is not your thing you may want to take that into account.

History

Alfred Lamb is presumed to have opened his wine and spirits business in London in 1849. His method of aging rum in his cellars under the Thames River is reputed to be one of the secrets behind his rum’s unexpectedly smooth taste. Lamb’s Blacksheep Spiced Rum is a relatively new offering from Lamb’s and is part of the Corby stable of North American Brands. This is what the Corby’s website has to say regarding the Blacksheep…

“…Lamb’s® Black Sheep Spiced Rum is produced and blended in small batches to ensure consistency of the complex flavour profile that is unique to the rum category. Our ingredients – the finest cinnamon from Korintje,Madagascar-bourbon vanilla and lime essence from Mexico have been carefully selected from around the world to ensure optimal enjoyment on the palate…”

Here is an excerpt from my review:

“…I would classify this rum as a mixer pure and simple. It’s not that I can’t sip it, I can; but, the flavour profile is like sweet cinnamon candy. I love the overcharge of cinnamon and the inviting vanilla underneath, but drinking it neat is kind of like nibbling on that sweet cinnamon candy.…”

You may read the full review here:

Review Revisitation: Lamb’s Blacksheep Rum

Last edited by Arctic Wolf; 06-23-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote