View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Ollski

Default Hello from England

Hello all,

I'm the Bars Manager in a 5 star hotel on the south coast of England. I have been in the industry for 10 years since i turned 18.
I've never really been much of a spirit drinker, i think that may be due to bad experiences in my teen years.
I've always appreciated good congacs, whiskys, rums etc. But never really grown to be passionate about them..Until i discovered the Pyrat Cask 1623! This was introduced to me by a customer who used to sail single handed from the Carribean to Germany and would take a case, yes a case!!! of 1623 to help him along his voyage. I finally managed to source a supplier and got my hands on the amazing rum. The first ever tasting was something i'll never forget! Three years on and we're selling from our 4th bottle!
About 6 months ago i became more and more interested in Rum and researched the Pyrat range. We now stock all 3 and i must say that the Pyrat XO is my favourite due to value for money and taste. It makes the most amazing Rum sours ever! Also I realised that there is alot more to Rum than i ever thought. The Zacapa takes a good spot on our shelves too!
Anyway, i'm here to talk to others about Rum, find out about any tastings or events in the UK, and to Expand my knowledge further, and to introduce others to the wonderful world of Pyrat!
Excuse the long introduction, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who gets carried away while talking about Rum!

Hope to discuss with you all soon.
Happy New Year!

Oliver
Eastbourne, uk
Ollski is offline   Reply With Quote