View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
Fabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Hamilton View Post
Here's a jpg of the old Santa Teresa Selecto. I thought this was a special bottle until I saw a rum from India in the same bottle in a Chinese grocery store in Sint Maarten.
Edward,
You are right. To note, that pineapple bottle is still in the market shelf (and the new one has same name). Is it a replacement?...I do not know. In any case the price of new Selecto is 2.5X higher vs. ol Selecto pineapple bottle. To note, I just came from the supermarket and realized that Selecto pineapple (old Selecto) has a lot of shelf presence...a lot of them which I believe they are in a depletion phase/strategy. The price of new Selecto still being too high and it is not only because of inflation. Two factors I believe: 1) new government TAX for alcohol (including imported ones like whiskey), and 2) This new Selecto claims BLEND OF RUMS...I think they have either improved or added a higher % of old rums into the mix. Who knows. I am medium high class person and think this is too expense. I had paid 100 USD for Santa Teresa Bicentenario but for this one the marketing behind it is not catching me...

Regards, Fabio.

New bottle image:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini_noche_blend_045.jpg (5.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg mini_noche_blend_055.jpg (6.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg mini_noche_blend_068.jpg (6.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg mini_noche_blend_074.jpg (4.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg mini_noche_blend_082.jpg (5.2 KB, 4 views)
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote