Thread: new members
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Westcoast Pirate

Default New member here.....

I love rum with a passion, especially the dark spiced rum. It is my favorite above and beyond anything. I will not hesitate to shell out money for a good bottle of rum, so, I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. I'm fairly exposed to the whole rum scene. I've travelled all through the Caribbean, and have sampled many different varieties. I would never classify myself as a connoisseur. I have spent many years working in the bar industry, so I was able to learn a little about the rum I love so much. I now live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, just north of Vancouver, British Columbia. I was playing around with the idea of distilling my own rum at home.

Anyone have any suggestions on where, and how to start? My step-father is a master machinist from Germany, who has agreed to build me a still. What's the best kind of still for rum? Where can I buy some charred oak barrels?

I look forward to talking with all of you, and I hope you can give me lots of pointers, and if you could suggest a good quality dark rum, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Westcoast Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote