View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #122
rvtravelerz

Default New Old Fart in town

Yo Ho Ho.....Got my intro to a friend with a bottle of rum in St Johns USVI about 28 years ago..Cruzan was $1.75, and a qt of OJ was $3.00....Since then I learned to bring some Crystal lite powder with me.....(tent camping on St John several times).. Cruise ships have broadened the tasting field and the local Florida and Ohio Liquor stores have contributed to many taste bud experiences....It is only last month that I had an exceptional rum, brought to me by my daughter from an Arkansas store.....El Dorado, from Guyana, 15 years old.....First time ever I polished off a bottle of rum over a short period of time, on the rocks... When a cruise ship hits port, I look for local rum, particularly rasta rum..infused with what ever....Read an article on TripAdvisor forum to seek out , on the Island of Dominica, The Ruins......40 or 50 bottles, infused with everything....anise, cinnamon, grasshoppers, gecko, catapiller, snake, snake head, scorpion....I tried the first 2, but drew the line ...at $5 a shot.........Favorite Rum?? newly imbibed El Dorado,, Appleton, Cruz dark and Blackstrap.. CSR from St Kitt...and prefer Ron Rico overBacardi Skoal
rvtravelerz is offline   Reply With Quote