View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
krustykrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Mike View Post
Yeah, its been over a year

Just got back from Kappys in Peabody. They sure do have a nice selection.
I picked up: Plantaion 5yrs, Ron Barcelo Imperial, Botran Reserva, and Flor de Cana 7.

Still looking for Pyrat Pistol, Lemonhart 151, Zafra, Ron Zacapa XO, Cockspur 12, Cruzan 151, ED 151, ED 3yr.

Gordons Wine in Waltham has:
SMITH & CROSS TRADITIONAL JAMAICA RUM
CHAUFFE COEUR VIEUX 7
VENADO
The ED lineup from 12yr up...15yr for 30 bucks on sale. I went there and they were out, so the manager discounted the 21 to 80 bucks.

Ball Square in Somervile has a surprising selection:
SANTA TERESA 1796
ENGLISH HARBOUR 5YR RUM
ST JAMES HORS D'AGE
AMRUT OLD PORT DELUXE MATURED RUM
Any rememberance of the price for the Hor's d'age?

in response to your quest: "Still looking for Pyrat Pistol, Lemonhart 151, Zafra, Ron Zacapa XO, Cockspur 12, Cruzan 151, ED 151, ED 3yr"

I'll keep my eye out for the pistol - I know I've seen it around. LH151 I was getting at 'Table and Vine' out in Springfield (also online and WILL ship to MA addresses!) Haven't seen much in the way of 151's around here except Gosling's in NH for cheap. ED 3yr has been available at Sav-Mor spirits in Cambridge (by Alewife) but I was in last week and they had only 1 left which I bought - clerk wasn't sure if they were not going to carry it anymore (yikes!) so they looked at the other stores and they had 2 in somerville which I went to and bought, but there are 2 more at the medford location they said, if you are interested- $14. I told them at both location to keep stocking it - maybe if you tell them as well, they'll bring it back - SUPER quality for that price - my opinion THE best white!

Cambridge Wine and spirits also has a great selection near Alewife as well.
krustykrab is offline   Reply With Quote