View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
pourmeanother

Finally a thread that talks about Ron del Barrilito in 2014! Every review/comment seems to date back to 2008/2009. Any reason why that is? It seems like a great small batch rum with a cool story. Given the lore behind it, I'm surprised why there isn't a fan base of enthusiasts talking more about it. The only reason I could think of is that maybe it isn't that good or that small batch rum fare hasn't taken off (like bourbon or tequila/mezcal have, for example).

That said, my fiancé and I are getting married in PR and I'm in charge of booze. I'm looking for a good rum. I'd prefer something economical but high-quality. I like Cruzan, but we're looking to support PR biz. Don Q is an option, but this Barrilito has intrigued me. However, I have yet to find a set of several reviews (more than 2) that rate the 2-star and the 3-star. What gives? Any tips on where I can find this? I'd love 3-star, but we'll be offering mojitos, etc. so the 2-star seems like it makes sense? Choosing between Don Q Cristal (white) and Barrilito 2/3-star. Thoughts? Thanks!
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote