View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Minnesota Dan

Default Rum Identification Help

Hi,
I recently bought a bottle of rum that was bottled under a private label and was wondering if I could find out who made it and if maybe it is bottled under a common brand label. I bought the rum when on a trip and it's not available where I live. The bottle says the rum was imported from Barbados, is 40% alcohol, aged 5 years and is a "handcrafted small batch rum, traditionally distilled and patiently aged to perfection in heavy char white oak casks". I emailed the company that imported it for their own label and they told me they got it from the “West Indies Rum Co.” I see on the ministryofrum site that they distill rum for Hanschell Innis and other rum blenders. When I looked up the rums that are listed for them none of them seemed to be a perfect match. The alcohol percentage would be different or the age of it or what kind of cask was used and so on. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. If I can't find an equivalent rum at a similar price I may have to plan a trip just to buy more of it. The other thing is that when it is sold out they won't be getting anymore of it in and it would be nice to know if it's sold under another brandname. It is a very good rum at a very reasonable price- $14.49 a bottle for a 750ml. I've spent 2 to 2 1/2 times that much for rums that I don't like as much as this rum. If anyone can shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.
Dan
Minnesota Dan is offline   Reply With Quote